A Board of Directors and Advisory Panel has been established which comprises both Australia and Myanmar based experts with a diverse range of skills and experience to advise the Chamber in pursuing its objectives. The core Board of Directors and Advisory Panel comprises:
Glen Robinson | Chairman of A-MCC
Managing Director – Asia Advisory, AFG Venture Group
- Mr Robinson has spent the last 21 years focusing on the establishment and development of cross border alliances, joint ventures and mergers and acquisitions particularly targeted to Asia.
- These corporate advisory activities are based on more than 20 years experience in management consultancy. Mr Robinson has worked with a wide range of industries including agriculture, manufacturing, distribution and service industries.
- Mr Robinson initially gained his Asian experience as chief executive officer for the Asian subsidiaries and joint ventures of a major international manufacturing and marketing organisation.
- Mr Robinson sits on the board of many Asian related business organisations and has for many years advised a number of foreign investment boards in the Asian region.
Jonathan Glickfeld | Director of A-MCC
General Manager, Visy Industries
- Mr Glickfeld is the General Manager, Director and Pratt Family representative of Visy Singapore.
- Mr Glickfeld started his career at Unilever and has extensive experience in sales, procurement and business development.
- He has worked for Visy companies since 2004 before assuming his current role in establishing its Asian head office in Singapore.
Guy Williams | Director of A-MCC
Principal Consultant, ERM
- Mr. Guy Williams works as a Principal Consultant as part of ERM’s South East Asia practice and supports impact assessment, performance assurances and transactional services. With more than fifteen years’ experience in environmental and social impact assessment Guy has managed projects across Asia, including Myanmar, Papua New Guinea, Vietnam, China, Cambodia, Lao, Thailand, and Philippines. He has led service teams looking to address risk in project design and delivery against IFC Performance Standards and the Equator Principles. Guy is a technical leader in the biodiversity and ecosystems services field and has extensive experience leading biodiversity related aspects of environmental and social assessment, and due diligence.
Marc Rathbone | Director of A-MCC
- Marc is a Partner in Nabarro’s Singapore office and has more than 27 years’ experience in law (in both enforcement and as a barrister/solicitor), with over 16 years as a corporate commercial lawyer. He specialises in acting for all manner of clients in relation to projects, in the energy & resources sector and infrastructure sector. His most recent experience includes advising on a wide range of corporate and commercial projects and transactions including: energy & infrastructure projects, business advisory, law reform, anti-trust and corporate governance.
- Marc is also actively involved in advising clients in relation to business strategy in developing economies in Asia. In particular Marc is active in Myanmar and has advised several clients in relation to transactions in Myanmar.
Kim Chawsu | Director of A-MCC
Partner at Katalyst Consulting Group
- Kim Chawsu is currently a partner at Katalyst Consulting Group.
- Previously she was working as the Group Chief Financial Officer (CFO) at Kanbawza Group of Companies where she was responsible for implementing strategic vision set by the Chairman and the Board of KBZ.
- Managing Director and Head of International Banking Division and Transformations at KBZ.
- She has a keen interest in insuring entities adhere to international best practices in many areas especially in regulatory and compliance and her passion is to see Myanmar grow into a world class economy.
- Kim qualified as Chartered Accountant from New Zealand and Australia and holds a dual membership with Institute of Chartered Accountant England and Wales (ICAEW). She spent over 15 years working in external audit and financial services in New Zealand (at the Office of the Auditor General ) and in London (in a regulatory role at Goldman Sachs, HSBC, Deutsche and CitiBank).
Michael Phin | A-MCC Director
Director, Valentis Group
- Mr Phin is a Chartered Financial Analyst and Director of Valentis Group. The Valentis Group is a Myanmar mining services and power group. Valentis works with joint venture partners based out of Australia.
- Prior to working in Myanmar, Michael worked across Australia in corporate advisory on a number of high-profile infrastructure, PPP and resource projects.
- Mr Phin is a co-founder of the Australia Myanmar Chamber of Commerce and has been involved in the Extractive Industries Delegation, mining law working group and other key initiatives of the Chamber.
- Bachelor of Accounting (Accounting and Finance), University of Technology Sydney
- CFA Institute
Lachlan Foy | A-MCC Director
Director, Valentis Group
- Mr Foy is a Chartered Accountant who is a Director of the Valentis Group and is based in Myanmar.
- Mr Foy spent a decade working in corporate recovery, turnaround and restructuring in Australia and has experience across a diverse range of industries, providing advice on the strategic, operational and financial functions of businesses.
- Mr Foy is a co-founder of the Australia Myanmar Chamber of Commerce.
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Business Law), University of New South Wales (Co-op Scholar).
- Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia
Daniel Clery | A-MCC Director
Country Manager Myanmar, Woodside Energy
- Dan has been Woodside’s Country Manager Myanmar since January 2014, responsible for establishing the company’s representative office in Yangon and supporting Woodside’s exploration activities offshore Myanmar. Dan has worked at Woodside since 2011, fulfilling a number of corporate affairs roles.
- Prior to joining Woodside, Dan worked at Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade for seven years, including a posting to the Australian Embassy in Beijing. He also worked as a journalist for West Australian Newspapers for four years, reporting on state and federal politics.
- The A-MCC is proud to have a representative of Australia's largest investor in Myanmar join the Board